Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT TO BRING TO YOUR FIRST APPOINTMENT.
- Referral from your General Practitioner/Specialists
- X-rays/Imaging or other tests results
- Completed Patient Information Form.
Patients will receive a reminder/confirmation letter prior to their appointment. If patients are attending for subsequent visits, your letter will stipulate whether or not a new referral will be required.
DURATION OF APPOINTMENTS
Initial consultations will be 20 minutes with review consultations of 10 minutes or longer if required.
HOW DO I PAY
Payment is required at the time of consultation by cash, cheque or Visa/Mastercard. If you have a card which is attached to either a cheque or savings account your Medicare rebate can be claimed on your behalf at the time of consultation. Medicare will NOT rebate your consultation to a credit card.
Orthopaedics New England is not a bulking billing practice. DVA patients however will be bulk billed.
There is off street parking at the rear of the practice.
BLOOD TESTS AND X-RAYS PRIOR TO SURGERY
If surgery is required and dependent on the surgery, you may be required to have blood tests and x-rays prior to your admission to hospital.
Patients undergoing replacement joint surgery will be required to attend a Pre-Admission Clinic at Tamara Private Hospital. These Clinics are held on a Tuesday morning and your blood tests and x-rays will need to be undertaken prior to this Clinic.
If you require surgery:
- We will forward your completed Admission and Consent Forms to Tamara Private Hospital on your behalf.
- You will be required to complete the Patient Information Form for Tamara Private either using the form provided or by accessing Ramsay Health’s online admission form using the following website:
- You will need to contact Tamara Private the afternoon prior to your surgery for an admission time and your fasting details.